Primitive Animal Processing Full day Intensive
A fundamentally integral part of human life, we depend on our plant and animal friends for food, medicine, shelter, and regenerating the landscape in ways that we are only beginning to understand.
Transform your relationship with food and connect with the circle of life, in a sacred way, by taking an active and conscious role in the transition of one of our animal friends into the human collective as nourishment.
In this intensive workshop you will:
- Develop a deeper relationship with and understanding of food, life, and death
- Participate in the humane slaughter of a domestic animal
- Process an animal using only a field knife and without modern facilities
- Efficiently skin, clean and quarter an animal carcass
- Learn how to prepare muscle and organ meats, fat, and bones for cooking
Class Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2015 (9:30pm – 3:30pm)
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Cancellation and Refund Policies
A great deal of staff time and expense is invested into the preparation and organization of individual classes. It is difficult and oftentimes impossible to recover costs and/or find a student to replace a cancelled registrant and so our cancellation and refund policies reflect this. Full refunds, minus $15 administrative fee for single day classes and a $30 admin fee for multi-day classes, are given to registrants who cancel with at least 7 days notice of the event. Cancellations made less than 7 days of the event forfeit a refund.