Introduction to Wildcrafting Herbal Medicine
Saturday, April 29th, 2017 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
1 SPACE LEFT!!
Contact Us for Waiting List
- Instructors: Nhan Khuong, Victoria Vives Khuong
- Class Date: Memrorial Day, Monday, May 30th (10am – 5pm), 2016
- Location: Angeles Forest (Altadena), CA
Life on Earth is inextricably intertwined, far beyond the ability of modern science to comprehend at this time.
Humans share an astounding 25% of genetic material, on average, with plants and there are countless substances that plants produce that act directly and indirectly with human biological systems as though specifically engineered for a precise result.
Our primitive ancestors may not have had the scientific discoveries and technological advancements that we have today, however their deep nature connection facilitated a level of understanding and the development of an incredibly sophisticated medical lore that directly challenges the common idea that primitive medicine was developed through trial and error alone.
In this class we will explore the relationships that ancient, indigenous people cultivated with plants and herbal medicines, through the physical senses, generational wisdom, experimentation, and shamanic practices.
You will learn how to:
- Identify medicinal herbs commonly used by the local indigenous people
- Connect and communicate with plants using ancient Shamanic processes
- Ethically harvest and process herbs for storage and medicinal preparations
- Formulate a healing salve base
- Charge wildcrafted medicines with the power of intention
- Use wild herbal medicines for a variety of situations
- Modify wildcrafted medicines to better suite specific needs
This is an intensive educational and hands on outing for you and your family in a beautiful, wild, outdoor environment. All registered participants may take home a wildcrafted herbal salve formulated in the wild during class.
Children five years of age may attend free of charge with a registered adult. Toilets and other modern facilities are not readily accessible at this location.
Class Date: Saturday, April 29th, 2017 (9:00am – 4:00pm)
Location: Angeles Forest (Altadena), CA
Early Bird Registration (ends 9pm, April 22nd): …. $80
Standard Registration …………………………………….. $95
Parking Pass (optional) ……………………………………… $5
* U.S. FOREST SERVICE ADVENTURE parking passes are required at this location. You may purchase through us at checkout or purchase your own at your local sporting good store.
**Additional details, including directions and what to bring, will be provided after sign up below.
***This class is part of the Plant Medicine Certification Program and may be taken separately.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
A great deal of staff time and expense is invested into the preparation and organization of individual classes. It is difficult and oftentimes impossible to recover costs and/or find a student to replace a cancelled registrant and so our cancellation and refund policies reflect this. Full refunds, minus $15 administrative fee for single day classes and a $30 admin fee for multi-day classes, are given to registrants who cancel with at least 7 days notice of the event. Cancellations made less than 7 days of the event forfeit a refund.