Primitive Wilderness Survival 2-Day Intensive
Our aboriginal ancestors were likely not concerned with the latest and greatest gear or extreme survival checklists as modern media would have it. Instead, “survival” was simply living in harmony with one’s self and the Earth, regardless of circumstance.
Moving away from the man(or woman) vs wild paradigm that separates human beings from nature, we invite students to cultivate the wild human within and connect with the plants, animals, and landscape at a deeper more primal level. In this way, we transform the experience of “surviving” in a hostile environment to one of “connecting” with and enjoying our extended home and family in the wild.
This small group, two day, primitive wilderness survival intensive experience will focus on developing intuitive, wilderness survival instincts for the unexpected short-term (under 72 hours) stay in the wild with minimal gear.
This is an intensive class in a relatively remote location without access to
modern amenities. Students need to be in good physical and mental condition and should be prepared to hike several miles over moderately rugged terrain.
In this course, you will:
- Learn to read the landscape to find food, water, and safety
- Build and sleep in an emergency shelter using available materials and environmental features
- Develop a deeper connection with your intuition and senses without relying on modern technology
- Learn to build and use a friction fire kit in all weather conditions
- Know how to identify, harvest, and use wild foods and medicinals
- Understand the nature of water and how to collect and safely drink it
- Manage and overcome the fear of the dark and the unknown by developing a connection with nature and learning how to move and work in the dark of night without modern lights and electricity
Class Date: Monday & Tuesday, December 7th, 8th (10:00am Monday – 5:00pm Tuesday), 2015
Location: La Canada – Flintridge
Early Bird Registration (ends 9pm, Dec 1st): …..… $175
Standard Registration …………………….………….……. $195
*Additional details, including directions and what to bring, will be provided after sign up below.
**Bringing Friends? Receive a 10% savings for two or a 20% savings for three or more guests. Message us to receive a coupon code.
*Cancellation & Refund Policies: Full refunds, minus $15 administrative fee for single day classes and a $30 admin fee or multi-day classes, are given to registrants who cancel with at least 7 days notice of the event.
Read more about our POLICIES
Questions? Visit the FAQ
Still have questions? Contact us!
Cancellation and Refund Policies
A great deal of staff time and expense is invested into the preparation and organization of individual classes. It is difficult and oftentimes impossible to recover costs and/or find a student to replace a cancelled registrant and so our cancellation and refund policies reflect this. Full refunds, minus $15 administrative fee for single day classes and a $30 admin fee for multi-day classes, are given to registrants who cancel with at least 7 days notice of the event. Cancellations made less than 7 days of the event forfeit a refund.