EarthSky People is a community based movement facilitating a social, spiritual, and philosophical paradigm shift to promote harmony and consciousness, through a greater connection with self, family, community, nature, spirit and the universe at large while living with passion, integrity, and forward expansion.
EarthSky Foundational Values
- Regenerative Living: We are a part of the Earth and therefore sustainability, as a way of life that supports both human beings and the Earth as one, is a default value in our living paradigm. EarthSKy People take sustainability to the next level and focus on regenerative living as a model that integrates modern ecological food production technologies with ancestral land management methodologies to regenerate health and biodiversity.
- Nature: Our greatest teacher, source of wisdom, healing and inspiration. We honor and nurture our connection with nature and with our extended family the plants, animals, and elements.
- Spirituality: Growth and change are hallmarks of human life. As such, regenerative spiritual beliefs, practices, traditions, and ceremony contain the seeds of growth and change and an emphasis to “Know Thyself”. EarthSky People welcome a diversity of spiritual beliefs and we appreciate the knowledge and learning resulting from it. We encourage “living” spiritual belief systems that grow and change as we grow and change while also looking within for answers and understanding.
- Technology: The EarthSky People encourage the use and preservation of primitive technologies as tools to connect with nature, each other, and our ancestral roots. Innovation, imagination, and creativity are unstoppable forces of human nature and we support the conscious use and development of modern technological advancements, harmonious with nature, for the greater good of all people and the Earth.
- Ancestral Wisdom: Our primitive ancestors lived during a time when conditions created a default connection with one another, and with our plant, animal, and elemental families. By tapping into the wisdom that our ancestors have passed on to us, we can complete the circle and maintain an anchor that grounds and connects us to our roots as we continue to forge ahead on a path to greater consciousness and awareness.
- Awareness: Information is key to making conscious choices. Our ability to access information beyond the mainstream current, has made a quantum leap forward with the advent the world wide web; the internet has revolutionized our ability to learn from, teach, and inform anyone from anywhere. It is our responsibility to gather empowering knowledge and information and make it available to everyone for the greater good, our self-actualization and sovereignty.
- Community: Humans are social beings and it is through connection with others that we can achieve our greatest potential. The EarthSky People concept of community is a balance between the traditional “village” approach, the developing global cyber community, and an openness to connect with a community beyond the Earth. In this way we incorporate the familial and communal ties that make us strong as a people now and for the generations to come while also opening the doors to unlimited possibility.
- Promote transformation in the world through the example of walking in life with love, confidence and power as a positive force.
- Live lightly on the land using minimal impact housing.
- Facilitate a paradigm shift in modern “conventional society” that integrates humans as a part of nature and focuses on cooperation and balance between modern technologies with the natural world.
- Provide a resource for restorative living technologies and nature stewardship to bring greater vitality and harmony to our planet.
- Increase social awareness and consciousness through communication and experiences that promote connection, understanding and unity.
- Facilitate a paradigm shift from a social model of “tolerance” to a model of respect for individual belief systems and gratitude for the gift of diversity.
- Promote awareness for human potential and life beyond the Earth with the possibility of consciously connecting with extraterrestrial life.
- Reinforce the sense that one is never alone by strengthening the traditional model of family and community and reconnecting with nature.
- Restore the tradition that “it takes a village to raise a child” by knowing that the future of our world depends on how we raise our children today, emphasizing the responsibility of the community to nurture and educate younger generations.
- Increase awareness and choices for medicine and personal health and wellbeing that are harmonious with nature.
- Preserve primitive technologies and ancestral wisdom as the foundation to maintain balance and harmony with nature while developing modern technologies and evolving philosophies.